Online Privacy Statement
Last Modified: June 30, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- From email we send to you; and
- From electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us, if you are a client;
- Us, offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any other website, application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from this Website.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly invite children under 13 to visit this Website and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or COPPA, please visit the U.S. Federal Trade Commission website at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several categories of information from and about visitors to our Website, including information that:
- May be used to contact or locate, or to authenticate the identity of, a specific individual like you, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number and other identifiers by which an individual may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- Is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and your actions while browsing this Website; and
- Is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Indirectly from you, as you navigate through the Website, including through automated data collection technologies, such as cookies; and
- From third parties, such as our service providers.
Information You Provide To Us
You may choose to provide us with personal information when you complete the “Contact Us” form on our Website. In addition, we may retain a record of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you use the “Contact Us” form on this Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we and the third-party service providers we have retained to view and analyze Website traffic and activity may use automatic data collection analysis to collect statistical data that does not include personal information, such as:
- Details of your visits to our Website, which may include your IP address, the domain from which you access the internet, the date, time and duration of your visit to the Website, the specific pages, links and forms you access during your visit, the resources that you access and use on the Website, and whether you are a new or a returning visitor to this Website;
- Information about your internet connection, the type of device you use to visit the Website and your operating system and browser type; and
- The website (such as www.google.com or www.bing.com) or referral source (such as an advertisement or social media site) that directed you to this Website.
The automatic data collection technologies our third-party service providers use may include cookies and web beacons.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer or mobile device when visiting a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognizes the cookie in order to develop a record of the visitor’s online activity. Cookies on this Website may be placed by this Website, by one of our third-party service providers or in association with email messages you receive from us.
Certain pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened that email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use the automatic data collection technology provided by Google Analytics to gather and automatically provide the above listed information to the Google Analytics system. The Google Analytics system immediately aggregates the information. Moreover, we have implemented various features of Google Analytics to avoid collecting personal information about you. Neither Google nor we have access to the specifics of your particular visit to our Website. Both Google and we may see the aggregated data from all visitors for a particular time period. Please see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for our everyday business purposes, such as to:
- Present our Website and its contents to visitors and to improve visitor experience with this Website over time;
- Engage in corporate reporting and management;
- Provide you with the information that you request from us;
- Use the information in any other way that we may describe to you when you provide us with personal information; and
- Use the information for any other purpose, with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about all visitors to our Website, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose personal information:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about visitors to our Website is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our clients, or others.
Retention of Your Information
We only retain the information we collect ourselves, and through Google Analytics and our other third-party service providers, as long as necessary to complete the purpose for which the information was collected, or as required by applicable law and our record retention policies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Click here to learn more about your California privacy rights.
We have implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to reduce the risk of accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure of personal information in our possession or under our control.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Waddell & Reed, Inc.
6300 Lamar Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66202-4247