Manage your business
Efficient and effective practice operations depend on solid programs, services and products that advance you to your end goal.
Select from a broad product array
We believe healthy financial journeys launch with the financial plan and are supported with comprehensive product solutions. To keep your clients on course to meet their goals, curate from a broad product array including turn-key financial planning tools, fee-based advisory programs and a depth and breadth of non-advisory investment products.
Develop client relationships through planning
Since opening our doors in 1937, we’ve maintained a simple, genuine and straightforward approach: know clients well, treat them with respect and measure our success by their success. This approach has its roots in the long-lasting client relationships that emerge through planning.
As an advisor at Waddell & Reed, you will have access to financial planning services that show clients you take their financial futures personally.
Identify and prioritize client goals with interactive wealth-management tools and resources to support the full scope of basic and advanced financial planning needs, better identify business opportunities and deliver the type of advisor-led digital financial experience clients expect.
Work on more complex cases typically found with high-income and high-net-worth clients using state-of-the-art technology and advanced planning expertise through a partnership with our home office financial, estate, and business planning team.
Complement client portfolios with expansive investment solutions
Chose from a breadth and depth of products to make smart, customized recommendations that complement client portfolios.
Offer clients investment options across all asset classes, sectors and disciplines, with access to thousands of mutual funds from more than 100 fund families.
Choose from a range of fee-based, asset allocation advisory products that utilize innovative product structures and draw upon the expertise of world-class money managers.
Recommend general securities from a full range of products including equities, fixed income, options and margin capabilities.
529 College Savings Plans
Waddell & Reed offers selling agreements with a wide range of 529 plans to help clients manage the cost of education.
Select from a complete range of individual, employer-sponsored, small-business-owner, nonprofit and government retirement plans from providers that special in the retirement plan market.
Insurance and Annuities
Waddell & Reed has sales agreements with more than 25 top-rated insurers offering products including fixed and variable annuities, life insurance, long-term care insurance and disability income insurance.
Banking and Cash Solutions
Offer clients a selection of banking and cash solutions – cash management account, donor advised funds, lending and trust services – to complement their financial plan and help manage their financial life.
Get wired with integrated technology
Your practice isn’t one dimensional and your technology shouldn’t be, either. Waddell & Reed wires you with systems that are integrated, intuitive and advisor informed so that you can run and promote your business and provide a first-rate client experience.
Base technology package
The base package is the foundation of our platform and features components that power the daily work of managing client accounts, preparing financial plans and recommending suitable investments. It comes standard with your affiliation fee.
A sampling of base technology components are highlighted below. Or, review all components.
Your advisor desktop, WaddellONE, provides a single point of access to core applications and systems within the wealth manager, including Envestnet, Docupace, Advisor Compensation Management and the advisor portal. WaddellONE also gives you access to advanced market data, research and news through ThomsonONE wealth product.
Identify and prioritize client goals and utilize resources that enable seamless proposal and processing capabilities. eMoney includes interactive wealth-management tools to support basic and advanced financial planning needs, better identify business opportunities and deliver the type of advisor-led digital financial experience that clients expect. For your clients, eMoney provides a digital financial management portal where they can:
- Establish budgets and manage spending
- View bank and investment account balances
- Stay current on credit card activity
- Determine and monitor their net worth
- Work closely with you to establish, monitor and update goals
- Establish alerts regarding changes to their financial life
Learn what eMoney could do for your clients
Pershing's award-winning technology seamlessly links your business, clients and the market. Designed to manage client accounts, deliver first-rate service and develop sales and revenue opportunities, NetX360 allows you to:
- Customize the look and the feel of the dashboard
- Look up transactions and money movement for client accounts
- Obtain daily account position pricing
- Enter orders online for equity, fixed-income and mutual fund trades
- Setup and maintain new accounts
- Setup custom account alerts
- Access real-time quotes and news
- Customize reports
- View client confirms, account statements, documents and tax information
- Access client accounts
Albridge Wealth Reporting
Powered by Albridge Solutions, Albridge Wealth Reporting is a dynamic, user-friendly web-based application that allows you to view and report on clients' affiliated and non-affiliated mutual fund accounts, variable annuity account information and Pershing client account holdings and activity. Albridge Wealth Reporting gives you online access to critical client portfolio information and enables you to produce and distribute:
Client reports including performance, asset allocation, holdings, transactions, benchmarking, and cost basis reports that are ideal for use in regular client review meetings.
Advisor reports that enable you to evaluate the productivity of your clients relationships, identify opportunities for gathering additional assets, and target specific areas of your business for improvement.
Go to work with access to technology powered by Morningstar, including:
This comprehensive suite of investment planning and research tools features:
- Research Modulewith access to Morningstar’s extensive research databases with more than 200 data points on open-end mutual funds, variable annuity/life sub-accounts, individual stocks, exchange-traded funds and closed-end funds.
- Hypothetical Illustration Module, which lets you model product performance and create customized historical investment illustrations.
- Portfolio Builder Module to analyze a client’s risk tolerance and current portfolio allocation, create an appropriate asset allocation plan and present specific product recommendations customized to a client's financial goals and objectives.
Annuity Intelligence System
Make intelligent annuity decisions with access to data for variable, indexed and fixed annuity comparison purposes, including side-by-side comparison of a client’s existing contract and the proposed contract and side-by-side comparison of up to three proposed contracts.
Optional technology package
Add to the effectiveness and strength of your base technology package when you supplement it with optional technology components. Wire your practice with exactly what you want and only what you need to service clients and achieve your best efficiencies.
See a sampling of optional technology components below, or review all components.
This client relationship management tool delivers industry-specific practice management solutions, investment data downloads and integration with other applications. It features:
- Smartpad to track tasks associated with accounts
- Advanced contact/household reporting
- Sets to define a group of clients or prospects
Quantitatively measure an investor's risk tolerance and build a portfolio that contains the right amount of risk using this leading investment planning technology platform. It features:
- Risk assessments and client questionnaires
- Portfolio analysis
- Retirement maps to align client’s risk number with retirement goals
- Graphics that illustrate risk and return through historical market scenarios
- Client reports
MyRepChat allows you to text with clients while adhering to regulatory requirements. Built in functionality includes scheduled messages, out of the office responses, CRM integration and additional voice functionality to receive and initiate calls.
GPS Sales Planning & Tracking
Compare revenue and earnings on a monthly basis and track key ratios that provide prescriptive direction for ongoing practice development. GPS Sales Planning & Tracking also lets you track production vs. business plan, practice valuation and simulated production scenarios.
Get down to business with layers of support
An intentionally layered community of support provides balance and perspective as you pursue your success.
Have access to strong, local and dedicated market leaders, regardless of the size, stage or location of your business. Across the U.S. we've strategically placed the following resources to serve and support you:
- 3 Regional Vice Presidents -- In their respective regions, RVPs lead and guide advisors in key wealth manager initiatives, help establish strategic goals and corporate policy, and link financial advisors and market directors to resources.
- 18 Market Directors -- At the market level, market directors ensure overall growth and profitability. At a personal level, your market director will work with you business coach to help run, grow or transfer your business.
- 30 Area Sales Leaders -- Your area sales leader focuses on driving organic sales growth and will work with you in areas such as client acquisition, sales skills, technology, case preparation and other growth-oriented activities.
Home office support
Get business-building support from our credentialed, industry experts at home office. Their job is to consult and guide as you optimize your business, offering expertise in areas of:
- Business development
- Practice management
- Financial planning
- Advanced sales
- Client solutions
- Brokerage operations
At Waddell & Reed, the advisor community is revered for its uncommon spirit of camaraderie and collaboration. This friendly, loyal and authentic community developed organically over time and adds a layer of support not easily found elsewhere.
Manage business with resources that boost effectiveness, efficiency.
Contact us to learn moreConnect Now
In a climate characterized by shrinking margins, increased regulatory oversight and greater competition, Waddell & Reed consistently ranks favorably in total revenue, as reported by national publications.Learn More >